Importing Images into Dreamweaver
Okay, you've created your site and are ready to start bringing artwork onto
your page. I'm going to assume you've create a table for your design.
- Put your cursor in the cell where you want the image to be.
- Click on the Assests folder icon on the bottom
right of your page or select Window>Assets.
- If the site cache was created, a list of all the images in the site should
be listed in the Assets panel. If they are not showing, click on the top
left icon (the image of the tree) IN THE ASSETS PANEL. Make sure the Site
radio button next to Images (at the top center
of the Assets panel).
- Browse to the image you want to place on the page. This panel shows ALL
images from your site so make sure you are take the compressed images from
the images folder, not from other folders within
- When you find the image you want to use, select it and EITHER click Insert
(bottom left of the Assets panel) or simply drag it to the correct location
on the page.
You're not done yet....
- Select the image. In the Properties Panel name the image (the box on the
left side of the panel. NO spaces, something simple that will identify it
if you want to apply behaviors to it (like a rollover). In the ALT window
give it a descriptive name. This CAN and should have spaces, capital letters
etc. It is a descriptive name that the screen readers will read (it is also
what appears when the mouse is held over the image when using IE).
Okay, now you're done.
Next, creating a rollover
Copyright 2003 | Something Graphic
20 November, 2003